Gift this class
Series of 7 progressive sewing classes
Wish you could sew? Have you seen a piece of fabric you love but didn't know what to do with it?
Hobbymedo will be running a series of seven classes on the basics of how to sew using a machine with classes designed to progressively introduce new sewing skills while creating a new small project each class. Each class is independent so you can choose which class/classes you wish to attend. This event has a discounted price for attending all seven classes, alternatively you may book individual classes. Each class has been listed separately for individual bookings.
This series not only teaches you valuable sewing skills but also demonstrates the wide range of usefull projects you are able to create with your new skills.
- How to use a sewing machine and overlocker
- Beginner to advanced sewing techniques
- Complete a small project in each class
- Class 1 - microwavable heat pad
- Class 2 - fabric cord keepers (introduces velcro)
- Class 3 - tea towel hanger (button hole and button)
- Class 4 - fabric card wallet (top stitching and press studs)
- Class 5 - fabric trivet (basic quilting and binding the edge)
- Class 6 - circular fabric earbud headphone pouch (wadding, lining, zipper)
- Class 7 - beach bag with lining and internal pockets (grommets, topstitching, internal pockets, lining)
- All tools and materials are provided however you may bring your own sewing machine and fabric if you prefer
Casual, you MUST WEAR ENCLOSED SHOES
Teenagers and adults
Cancellation Policy: As we purchase materials based on the number of attendees for each workshop we are unable to refund tickets. We do welcome you to pass your ticket to a friend to come in your place. Please email us if you do wish to change the name on the ticket. In the event that the class is cancelled by Hobbymedo, fees will be refunded or alternative dates offered.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
If you wish to use public transport to get to this event, please visit Translink. Off-street customer car parking is available at 75 Redland Bay Road - just follow the driveway around the back of the Baby Bunting store.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: 07 3161 1485 / Visit: www.hobbymedo.com.au / Message us on Facebook
Will this class be offered at other times?
Further classes will be scheduled depending on demand. You are welcome to email us with your preferred days and times for workshops. We also welcome requests for particular workshops.
What is Hobbymedo?
Hobbymedo is a hobby activity centre located at Capalaba on Brisbane's southside. It is an air conditioned centre with tools, equipment and facilities catering for arts, crafts, sewing, graphic design, 3D printing, woodworking, leatherwork, wirework and much more. Details of our facilities and events can be found on our webpage at www.hobbymedo.com.au